On Tuesday 28th September, 2021 the Year 11 students received their Bronze Level Duke of Edinburgh International Award. This is another Start-Rite achievement! As the prepare for the Silver Level Award, the students have been advised to stay focused on their goals.
The Duke of Edinburgh International Award shows commitment and achievement, as well as dedication to a variety of activities. More specifically, by participating, our students:
– are equipped and empowered to achieve their personal best
– learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices
– learn to assess risk
– become connected to and actively engaged within their immediate community
– make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement
– learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success
– learn important life skills
– increase their career opportunities
Furthermore, the Award enriches the portfolio of our students beyond their academic work and gives them an edge when they apply for scholarships (to universities).
As one of the leading international schools in Abuja, creating a solid, educational foundation for children is one of the most important investments any parent can make. This is why at Start-Rite Schools, giving children the unique opportunity to excel academically, socially, and morally; to learn lessons that will serve them throughout life, is what we are known for.
We remain proudly Start-Rite.